windows application error: "the instruction at 0x755cd33d referenced memory couldn't be read"

mooky88

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hi

My laptop recently prompted me this windows application error stated that "the instruction at 0x755cd33d referenced memory at 0xf091f25f. the memory could not be read". Can anyone provide me a solution to fix this window error?

Could be anything. For starters it obviously depends upon what operating system you are running and what application is giving the error. Even then, it's quite a long shot that anyone will know the cause unless it's a well-known error. Basically the error is saying "the software has tried to access memory that doesn't exist or it is not authorized to use".

Rayan007

Honorable
May 20, 2013

what application you were running ???

zuigkonthoer

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014

I have the same issue in Windows 7 64 with the *d33d errors indicated as Windows - Application Error.
It started after a Windows update for IE 10 failing to install, KB2898785, so probably the application causing the errors is Windows itself.
Now I have installed the same update for IE 11 but the error still appears.
I edited my register so it does not show up during gaming anymore but is still visible in Event Viewer.
Anyone with the solution?

Wherewolfe

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
I am dealing with this same problem, and I think I know exactly when and what caused it. I was gonna download a game online and I did not read the details of this game prior to the download. I have an HP 320-1030 x64 based desktop with windows 7 home premium touch pack. After trying to install this game, I realized it said it compatible with x86 bit only... I have uninstalled the game and all related files, ran Avasy and Antimalwarebytes pro premium, kaspersky tdsskiller all to no avail. I tried to restore to a point before the incident and it failed. I was told factory restore if all else fails. My friend also mentioned combofix, but warned of its tendency to damage the pc so it is as close to last resort as anything else could be, I believe. Did you come up with a solution? Maybe my incident refreshed your memory of the cause of yours?

Wherewolfe

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
A good friend of mine came by and fixed this problem for me, and thats because Gregory, you are cool as heck! Although I did not watch him through the entire process, I can tell you the programs he used on my PC to fix this. ADWcleaner, microsoftfixit, and revo uninstaller, and a little help from the old faithful, malwarebytes ! Thanks again greg.... Although, I have a new issue... I still cant install three important updates that were there before the fix. They refuse to download manually, or automatically. Any ideas?

Wherewolfe

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
Sorry if I sound like I am being a smart ellic, but I have to give credit when due, so here is my recomended solution:
Move to Indianapolis, Indiana... Search the city for an IT guy by the name of Greg. (You will know him by his coolness, and bright orange hair)... Last but not least, invite said IT guy over and chat over a brew or two! VOILA!
Allow me to also give thanks to those of you who post in these forums so that people with an issue dont have to spend loads of money on a diagnosis. Thanks tomshardware!