Windows big ERROR BROKE MY PC! PLEASE HELP ITS VERY HARD

danielm175

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

I have build my pc and got it up and running and I just installed windows 7 onto my harddrive with no errors.

But once the install was completed the pc started up normally then I tried to update my pc by going into computer, Updates then I click check for windows update and I never updated the syteam as this is my custom pc build and this is the first time I have turned the pc on.

The windows 7 update error message is "Update failed error code: 80072F8F"

And I went onto internet explorer and every time I try and search a website such as google, youtube , e.c.t internet always tells me this "There is a problem with this website security certificate"

And I tried to download AVG and when I click install this error came up "0xe0010" on AVG

Remember this is the first time I have turned my custom build pc on.

Could any one help me please or give me any advise? Thanks

check that your date and time settings on your machine are correct.this is a common cause of website certificate errors,and can cause your windows not to update correctly.also sync your time and date settings to the internet so they can automatically be changed if needed.if you continue to see your date and time settings in error,check your cmos battery.

danielm175

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Yes the date and time are wrong. I wills try and set it to the correct time and date.

Like I said I just installed a brank new os on a blank hard drive so I cant see how I got an virus all ready ?

Thanks for the support. Also the cmos battery is brand new