[SOLVED] Windows/bluetooth issue

Feb 4, 2020
I have been trying to determine what is going on with my Bluetooth adapters. I have now tried a few and all are having the same issue. When I boot my pc the only way to get bluetooth to operate is to run the windows troubleshooter. I have updated to the latest intel drivers for bluetooth. It is almost like bluetooth is not turning on or something but I can't figure out why. I don't have the option to turn it on or off until I run the troubleshooter.
This has occures on 2 PCIe cards and usb dongles now.

Solution
I can answer yes to all but the BIOS one. Not sure how to set the BIOS for PCIE and bluetooth. Or what that means.
The drivers that the manufacture provided are the intel set. Just about a month or two older.
enter the BIOS before Windows loads, your motherboard user manual will specify exactly how.
check the options for whatever port you are using for the specific Bluetooth device; PCIe, USB etc. make sure they are enabled and not set to power down or off.

there is also a slight chance that using the M.2 slot has disabled the PCIe slot you are trying to use. you would need to check the manual to see what type of M.2 capability/limitations this motherboard has.
The bluetooth part of these cards connect into USB2.0 headers...
post system specs.

make sure your Power Options are correctly set and are not powering off devices when not in use.
make sure you have any BIOS options set correctly for USB, PCIe, and Bluetooth.
make sure you have the Bluetooth device's latest manufacturer drivers installed, not just the generic Intel set.
also make sure you have all of the latest motherboard drivers & software installed along with the latest BIOS.

Feb 4, 2020
post system specs.

make sure your Power Options are correctly set and are not powering off devices when not in use.
make sure you have any BIOS options set correctly for USB, PCIe, and Bluetooth.
make sure you have the Bluetooth device's latest manufacturer drivers installed, not just the generic Intel set.
also make sure you have all of the latest motherboard drivers & software installed along with the latest BIOS.
I can answer yes to all but the BIOS one. Not sure how to set the BIOS for PCIE and bluetooth. Or what that means.
The drivers that the manufacture provided are the intel set. Just about a month or two older.

enter the BIOS before Windows loads, your motherboard user manual will specify exactly how.
check the options for whatever port you are using for the specific Bluetooth device; PCIe, USB etc. make sure they are enabled and not set to power down or off.

there is also a slight chance that using the M.2 slot has disabled the PCIe slot you are trying to use. you would need to check the manual to see what type of M.2 capability/limitations this motherboard has.
The bluetooth part of these cards connect into USB2.0 headers on the motherboadr
include hardware specs about this particular Bluetooth card and even a link to it's manufacturer's product page, you may be able to get some more accurately detailed help.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS