[SOLVED] Windows boot error code 0xc000000e

ChunkyCheese

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
I recently bought an intel 660p ssd for my computer everything was running fine as soon as I installed the ssd and tried to install windows onto it i kept getting an error saying that I didn’t have windows on that drive. I reinstalled my old hdd onto it and now I am getting an error of 0xc000000e and cannot boot Into windows. I fixed the issue by re installing windows onto the old hard drive but as soon as I tried the ssd again i got the same error I’ve tried to boot with and without the ssd installed in my computer and keep getting the error. Can anyone help please!!! The current parts in my pc are are an 8700k, asrock z390 phantom gaming 6 and rtx 2080 super

Solution
if I try this method will I have to reformat all my drives on my computer Once again? And as far as intel drivers go do I install these drivers directly onto the m.2 ssd or the actual usb drive that my windows download is on,
Leave your old ssd alone.
You will need to reformat the m.2 or at least separate a partition for the OS.
If you leave in the ssd during installation the boot files are probably going to be written on the ssd,so if you want the most benefit disconnect the ssd so everything will be installed on the m.2

Download the drivers unzip them so they become a normal folder and copy this folder to the usb you use to install windows,then during disk selection load this driver to make the m.2 appear(hopefully) .
I recently bought an intel 660p ssd for my computer everything was running fine as soon as I installed the ssd and tried to install windows onto it i kept getting an error saying that I didn’t have windows on that drive.
That's usually the reason somebody will try to install windows...
Your new ssd is a m.2 drive which means that you have to set up your bios properly to see it,I guess that's already done if the installation saw the drive but you can choose between sata and pci mode in bios,you also need your windows installation to have the correct drivers for your disk,if it is sata it should be able to see it right away.
If it reaches the stage where it asks you to select a disk,do not use automatic install,it has buttons underneath, one of which would be LOAD DRIVER you will have to download the Client NVMe* Microsoft Windows* Drivers for Intel® SSDs and load the from USB.

Reactions: ChunkyCheese

ChunkyCheese

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
That's usually the reason somebody will try to install windows...
Your new ssd is a m.2 drive which means that you have to set up your bios properly to see it,I guess that's already done if the installation saw the drive but you can choose between sata and pci mode in bios,you also need your windows installation to have the correct drivers for your disk,if it is sata it should be able to see it right away.
If it reaches the stage where it asks you to select a disk,do not use automatic install,it has buttons underneath, one of which would be LOAD DRIVER you will have to download the Client NVMe* Microsoft Windows* Drivers for Intel® SSDs and load the from USB.
Ok So I might try this later but I have a few questions. First so last night it got late and I just gave up so I reinstalled windows on my sata ssd no problem and have been reinstalling programs, games etc on both that sata drive and the m.2 drive if I try this method will I have to reformat all my drives on my computer Once again? And as far as intel drivers go do I install these drivers directly onto the m.2 ssd or the actual usb drive that my windows download is on,

if I try this method will I have to reformat all my drives on my computer Once again? And as far as intel drivers go do I install these drivers directly onto the m.2 ssd or the actual usb drive that my windows download is on,
If you leave in the ssd during installation the boot files are probably going to be written on the ssd,so if you want the most benefit disconnect the ssd so everything will be installed on the m.2

Download the drivers unzip them so they become a normal folder and copy this folder to the usb you use to install windows,then during disk selection load this driver to make the m.2 appear(hopefully) .

Solution

ChunkyCheese

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019

Ok thank you so much I will try this and let you know if it work. Note though the m.2 was always appearing in Windows when it asked which drive I wanted to download the os but every time I installed it the m.2 it would just install the os and then bring me back to the install windows screen, could this be an issue that installing the driver fixes?

Ok thank you so much I will try this and let you know if it work. Note though the m.2 was always appearing in Windows
This is with windows running on the ssd? windows does download drivers for anything you connect.
when it asked which drive I wanted to download the os but every time I installed it the m.2 it would just install the os and then bring me back to the install windows screen
Wait so you did what exactly? Did you run windows installation from within windows?did it finish without any problems? "bring me back to the install windows screen" which exact screen do you mean?

ChunkyCheese

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
This is with windows running on the ssd? windows does download drivers for anything you connect.

Wait so you did what exactly? Did you run windows installation from within windows?did it finish without any problems? "bring me back to the install windows screen" which exact screen do you mean?
so as normal I plugged in my windows instal usb drive and selected to install windows on the new m.2 drive the download went on as usual and my computer restarted but when my computer restarted after installing windows on the m.2 drive instead of getting into the setup where I can setup windows I immediately got sent back to the screen that tell me to install windows on a drive. I even tried to to specifically boot of the m.2 after installing windows and got the install proper boot media message.

TRENDING THREADS