Windows boot fail, system repair fail, life fail

SerialSniper14

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I upgraded Windows Vista x64 Home Premium this weekend to Windows 7 Home Premium (x64?) and it has worked fine for a few days. 2 days ago I tried to connect my phone to my computer and it didn't register it as an attached device (I've done this previously after upgrading so the driver is installed and was working), and so I did what I had to do to cure this problem on Vista: reboot. Well Startup Repair immediately came up and literally ran for about 36-48 hours and decided it couldn't find a problem. So I restart in safe mode: the boot stops and the last thing it loads is this:

Loaded: \Windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS

After a few minutes of nothing I got a BSOD (went away too fast to copy any STOP info). So I tried booting normally again, it went back to Startup Repair and this time I got this:

"Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically."

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21201078
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 3
Problem Signature 07: BadPatch
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

The only devices attached to my computer are a cooling fan, HP Photosmart 7960, a Microsoft Performance Gaming Optical mouse, and Sony Ericsson w760a. I connect to the internet using my Sony Ericsson as an aircard. I had a trojan downloader (maybe in my registry) a few days ago but MBAM said it removed it, and Trend Micro Trojan Remover didn't find anything after that. Any help?

Windows 7 Home Premium
4 GB DDR3 RAM
1.6 GHz Duo Core Processor

Do you have the W7 disc? I would recommend booting from the disc and attempt a repair with that. If that fails, you may be forced to do a fresh install. Seems as if a start up file or sector has been corrupted during the upgrade. I take it you did the upgrade and not a fresh install? This is why it is recommended to just do a fresh install of a new OS, as boot issues and other various problems can occur.

SerialSniper14

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Yes, I have the disc and I did the upgrade from Vista to Win 7, which naturally saved all of my files, programs and settings. Would a fresh install from the disc at this point erase my stuff? And can that even be done considering I can't get it to boot either normally or any safe mode?