Question Windows boot issues since swapping case

May 15, 2020
Hi All I hope you can help. It's been a long time since I got my hands inside a PC and things have moved on but last night I swapped by PC into a new quieter case last night all seemed to go ok until re-starting where I received Preparing for automatic repair.

I may have put my hard drive onto a different SATA slot. Eventually it did re-boot and all was well. I then decided to check one more boot cycle and again it struggled to boot.

• It gets past bios boot sequence ok
  • Windows 10 flag appears but just stays there or goes into preparing for automatic repair
  • I have gone into the BIOS and changed it to the main startup device there was a relatek device first. (Network card I think)
  • This morning I tried again and it did boot in after a number of attempts again on re-start it looked like it was going to boot ok then the screen went off as though the monitor lost signal from the grphics card.
Motherboard: Gigabyte 760GMA - P34 (FX)
Processor AMD FX8320
GPU GTX980
RAM: 8GB
HD: 200GB SATA hard drive

May 15, 2020
Hi All I hope you can help. It's been a long time since I got my hands inside a PC and things have moved on a fair bit.

Last night I swapped my PC into a new quieter case, all seemed to go ok until starting where I received Preparing for automatic repair. which just sat there. I tried changing the SATA cable as originally I had a Hard drive and optical drive but in the new build I have left the optical drive out. I though maybe windown is struggling if I put the hard drive on the original Optical drive SATA connection.

Evenrtually it did boot into windows ok with now errors and all seemed to be working fine. On re-booting to check it looked like it would boot ok but a couple of things seem to happen;

1. Goes to preparing for Automatic repair screen
  2. Windows logo appears and just sits there
  3. Windows logos appears then my monitor turns off as no signal receive from the graphics card.

This morning I tried again and it did boot in after a number of attempts again on re-start it looked like it was going to boot ok then the PC screen went of as though the monitor lost signals form the grphics card

Motherboard: Gigabyte 760GMA - P34 (FX)
Processor AMD FX8320
GPU GTX980
RAM: 8GB
HD: 200GB SATA hard drive

Regards
Russ