Question Windows boot issues

NekoVerse

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
So, I recently added some more ram to my pc, from 2x8gb to 4x8gb, same exact kit of ram, although was bought a year after I got the last, however, since then I've been having some issues with windows booting. It almost seems like a pattern, with very few exceptions, every other boot, it either stays frozen at the very start of the windows boot when you see the windows logo, or it boots fine. However, with those exceptions, it either blue screens at the start of windows boot, or boots fine, but then shortly after, blue screens. I've also gotten a few recovery messages from the blue screens, one of which was that there were missing critical files in the windows os and it advised that I used a usb to fix it, which I did, I put a windows installer from my other laptop and seemed to fix that repair message, however, the message I get now when the blue screens take me to recovery mode, is "The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors." (Not sure if it's needed but it's error code 0xc0000221) I'm not quite sure what to do about this, and personally find it odd that it can one second tell me that there's a critical error in the system which makes it unable to load, to loading just fine on the next boot. Any help is much appreciated

TRENDING THREADS