[SOLVED] Windows boot issues.

Nov 14, 2021
I built a computer yesterday, 5800x, x570 elite. It was working great until a small windows update began the reboot loop, “preparing automatic repair”. Even when trying to reinstall windows with usb, it just randomly restarts. I can use the bios just fine and have even flashed the bios multiple times and went back to older versions of bios. But still it will not boot up windows. Any fixes??

Solution
Could you be more specific on how to set those settings and how to delete partitions.. it’s a gigabyte motherboard so where are those settings?
It would be much easier just to read MB manual, all those settings are in BIOS.
Generally those setting can be found in Advanced and BOOT parts of BIOS.
There should be CSM/legacy and UEFI options, disabling CSM should turn on UEFI mode.
With AMD systems TPM is called fTPM.
When installing W10 or 11 it will automatically format disk in GPT mode.
When starting W1indows installation, when it asks you where to install it will ask you to which disk or partition to install there will be option to delete any partition one by one. After you delete them al,installation will format disk in...
I built a computer yesterday, 5800x, x570 elite. It was working great until a small windows update began the reboot loop, “preparing automatic repair”. Even when trying to reinstall windows with usb, it just randomly restarts. I can use the bios just fine and have even flashed the bios multiple times and went back to older versions of bios. But still it will not boot up windows. Any fixes??
Which Windows, newly installed or from another build ?

I didn’t select windows 11 but there is a chance it did download windows 11.. I’m 99% sure I only selected the small windows 10 update. Now I’m in the reboot loop.
You need to be sure which one because you may need to reinstall it. It's also possible that you installed W10 and now it's trying to upgrade to W11 but you have not set BIOS to W11 requirements ( UEFI, GPT disk, TPM 2-0, Secure BOOT),
Those are good to have with W10 too. I would suggest to set those in BIOS and reinstall during installation delete all partitions.

Nov 14, 2021
You need to be sure which one because you may need to reinstall it. It's also possible that you installed W10 and now it's trying to upgrade to W11 but you have not set BIOS to W11 requirements ( UEFI, GPT disk, TPM 2-0, Secure BOOT),
Those are good to have with W10 too. I would suggest to set those in BIOS and reinstall during installation delete all partitions.
Could you be more specific on how to set those settings and how to delete partitions.. it’s a gigabyte motherboard so where are those settings?

There should be CSM/legacy and UEFI options, disabling CSM should turn on UEFI mode.
When starting W1indows installation, when it asks you where to install it will ask you to which disk or partition to install there will be option to delete any partition one by one. After you delete them al,installation will format disk in proper UEFI mode and GPT format. It will also make appropriate partitions (3-4) with one of them being one small (200MB) empty, partition, one EFI partition, C: partition (where windows reside), and one recovery partition. in that order.
If you gave any other disks, please disable/disconnect it/them temporarily. until everything is working,

Solution
Nov 14, 2021
When starting W1indows installation, when it asks you where to install it will ask you to which disk or partition to install there will be option to delete any partition one by one. After you delete them al,installation will format disk in proper UEFI mode and GPT format. It will also make appropriate partitions (3-4) with one of them being one small (200MB) empty, partition, one EFI partition, C: partition (where windows reside), and one recovery partition. in that order.
If you gave any other disks, please disable/disconnect it/them temporarily. until everything is working,
I really appreciate all your help however, even when trying to boot to usb with fresh windows set up. It doesn’t seem to work