Question Windows boot loop

ouziz

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
I tried to overclock my ram and after my pc has been in a continuous loop of crashing at the screen that says automatic repair. I tried to download windows media tool onto a usb but as soon as the screen came up my pc crashed and went back to doing the boot loop. Everything was working fine before i tried to overclock the ram.I know the ram still works fine as i have tried it on another pc so could it be a motherboard issue?
PC Specs:
i5-6600k
gigabyte hd3p z170 motherboard
evga 970
toshiba DT01ACA100 1tb

Last edited:
I tried to overclock my ram and after my pc has been in a continuous loop of crashing at the screen that says automatic repair. I tried to download windows media tool onto a usb but as soon as the screen came up my pc crashed and went back to doing the boot loop. Everything was working fine before i tried to overclock the ram.I know the ram still works fine as i have tried it on another pc so could it be a motherboard issue?
PC Specs:
i5-6600k
gigabyte hd3p z170 motherboard
evga 970
toshiba DT01ACA100 1tb
Did you reset CMOS/BIOS to factory defaults ? You should do that at first sign of trouble with overclock, trying to fix windows at that time can only make things worse as it's not windows fault but result of bad OC.

ouziz

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Did you reset CMOS/BIOS to factory defaults ? You should do that at first sign of trouble with overclock, trying to fix windows at that time can only make things worse as it's not windows fault but result of bad OC.
yes i did clear my cmos but the problem is still happening