[SOLVED] Windows boot

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
Hi all

I had to reinstall windows 10 on my desktop as I ran into a few problem. Previously When windows started it showed the Asus screen which has the delete and F2 on it and then went straight to the lock screen. Now it shows the windows logo and then goes to the lock screen. How to I change it back to how it was in the bios? Or windows?i do have an SSD which windows is installed on it seems slower than before I’m not sure if there’s a delay setting or something. I have an Asus Prime B450 Plus Motherboard if that helps.i went into the boot setup in bios and fast boot is enabled.but I don’t want a delay from the Asus screen to the lock screen. Please if anyone can help

Solution
Was win 10 an upgrade from 7 or 8 or only ever had 10 on the board? Sometimes the actual boot method can make the menus you see at boot change, so perhaps 1st install was using Legacy and second is on UEFI. WIn 10 prefers UEFI if it sees motherboard supports it, and yours sure does.

Have you confirmed you have latest drivers and BIOS for motherboard? wrong drivers can also slow down the boot process.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Was win 10 an upgrade from 7 or 8 or only ever had 10 on the board? Sometimes the actual boot method can make the menus you see at boot change, so perhaps 1st install was using Legacy and second is on UEFI. WIn 10 prefers UEFI if it sees motherboard supports it, and yours sure does.

Have you confirmed you have latest drivers and BIOS for motherboard? wrong drivers can also slow down the boot process.

Solution