[SOLVED] Windows Booting Off Unpreferred Drive

Cheat_

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
So I recently got an 860 EVO 500gb for Christmas and I've had some trouble with it...

Before installing my SSD I had one 1TB hard drive and one 500gb laptop hard drive just for games and videos on it, so I naturally wanted to speed up my system, so I got myself a Samsung 860 EVO 500gb and I cloned my main 1TB hard drive to the EVO after uninstalling a ton of things to make it fit, and when I unplugged my 1TB drive Windows would boot from the EVO that was cloned but when I plugin my 1TB hard drive, it boots from that instead of the EVO, I have no idea on how to fix this, I tried many things for days but I gave up and here I am, the 500gb hard drive works fine no matter what, I have no idea what to do but here are the rest of my specs.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated!

SPECS:
i7 4790
GTX 1060 6gb
2x8 ddr3 1600 mhz
860 EVO 500gb
1TB Hard drive
500gb Hard drive

Solution
if changing the boot order does not work or work properly then you will have to look into deleting some partitions off your 1TB HDD because its still seen as a bootable drive

if all else fails then find a way to backup your data and format the 1TB drive and then transfer your files back
if changing the boot order does not work or work properly then you will have to look into deleting some partitions off your 1TB HDD because its still seen as a bootable drive

if all else fails then find a way to backup your data and format the 1TB drive and then transfer your files back

Solution