[SOLVED] windows boots on secondary monitor (hdmi) instead of primary (dp)

Oct 26, 2021
hi so since yesterday my windows/ bios won’t boot on my primary monitor anymore (dp) instead it boots on my secondary monitor (hmdi) i have to manually turn on my primary monitor now which is weird because it used to work just fine.
the only way that my primary monitor boots by itself is when the hdmi is disconnected.

how do i make both monitors work together again and let my windows boot up on my primary monitor?

monitor : VG279QM
motherboard: Rog Strix X570-E gaming
gpu: nvidia geforce rtx 3090
cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
ram: 4x 18gb DDR4 corsair
windows 10 pro version 21H1

Solution
I see what you mean.
I think it's probably a hardware issue over a software issue....and I would lean on it being the monitor over the GPU.
Maybe swap another monitor or two in so you can get a better idea.
"I have to manually turn on my primary monitor now which is weird because it used to work just fine. "
What do you mean by this?

Here is why I ask.

With my systems with 2 monitors....if one monitor is off......it seems the other monitor becomes the primary monitor.

Oct 26, 2021
"I have to manually turn on my primary monitor now which is weird because it used to work just fine. "
What do you mean by this?

Here is why I ask.

With my systems with 2 monitors....if one monitor is off......it seems the other monitor becomes the primary monitor.
well my pc used to turn both my monitors on when pressing the power button on my computer, now whenever i do this it doesn’t work. windows and the bios boot up on my secondary monitor and i have to turn on my primary monitor myself it just says “displayport no signal” , the only way my primary monitor does turn on by itself is when i remove the hdmi cable to my secondary monitor, but i don’t see myself playing without 2