Question Windows Boots to Recovery then boots properly after "try another operating system"

Feb 27, 2019
So the other day I had plugged in an HDD to format and install windows on to use in a different system and after I went through the boot to USB and select the drive to install windows etc, everything worked fine but the next day when I turned my pc back on I had got an error Here is the picture. I have my windows installed on my m.2 SSD and at first it wasn't showing up when I pressed F11 to go to boot options so when that happened I just told it to use my hard drive and it went to the same screen then I clicked F9 to "try a different operating system" then it loads into windows? and now it's detecting my SSD but it still goes to the recovery screen and I have to press F9 to "try a different operating system" but it then works and boots into windows and everything like normal. I'm not sure what is causing this screen I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

USAFRet

Titan
1. You usually can't plug in a random drive, install the OS on it, and move that drive to different hardware.

2. By doing this, it seems you've borked up the boot partition on your previous drive.

Remove ALL drives except what the OS was on originally...the m.2
Boot up from a WIn 10 USB, and run the Repair function. That may fix this.