Windows Bootup Slowdown

Hi All,

Please let me know regarding the following behavior
of windows 2000 SP3 or SP4,

Have anyone ever seen the phenomenon where bootup
time take 1 to 2 minutes longer when connected to an
ethernet switch compare to Not connected to the Switch.

Fixed IP Address
Windrws 2000 SP3 or SP4
No connection to LAN
No connection to Internet

Thanks,
Madhava

If you using a switch, each switch port goes through a
process called Spanning tree. Usually takes abot 20 to 45
seconds for the port to start forwarding packets.

You can disable this, but highly recommend for the server
ports. This eliminares any loops in the network.

Thanks,
But we can't configure our switch. so in Windows 2000 is
there any settings we can change to boot the system faster.

Thnaks,
Madhava