Windows Bsod after Overclocking

Aug 18, 2018
So I overclocked my cpu to 4.6Ghz 1.28V and it passed the prime95 24hr test. I also ran Time-Spy and Fire Strike extreme to ensure that everything was running fine and smooth. What happens is that shortly after I closed all the programs and I left my pc idle for like 10 minutes a BSOD happened. What the freaking hell happened? It passed a prime95 24h stress test, Time-Spy, and Fire Strike why did it crash in windows while idling? Was it probably some random error that would probably be fixed later on? I seriously don't feel like going back to the bios and adding more Vcore + do some test all over again. Neither I feel like going back to stock speed. Can you guys tell me what are some possible problems?

CPU: I7-6700k
Motherboard: Asus z170-a
Psu: Rm850x
GPU: Gtx 1080ti

finitekosmos

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
Irrespective of whether or not you successfully passed a stress test after an overclock it is no guarantee of future performance and/or stability. What are the operating temperatures of your CPU in the overclocked state and also can you provide some info on the RAM as well, is it overclocked too (bearing in mind an XMP profile is an overclock).

If you can give us a few more details we could help a bit more :)

Aug 18, 2018
The highest stable temperature my cpu reaches is 77C.
2. Ram are team dark 8x2 2400Mhz and they are not overclocked (xmp profile shows 2400 so no ram overcloked)
3. Uncore ratio is 41x while core ratio #0-3 is 46x (is this the problem probably?)