Windows BSOD and Random Game Crashes

Jakeee

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Hello,

Recently while playing games (doesn't matter what game) I will get random crashes, this happens in PUBG, Fortnite, League of Legends, even smaller games on steam, at the same time, I have recently been getting blue screens at completely random times, I got one while watching YouTube about 10 mins ago, all of them seem to have different string codes also which is weird.

Link to each blue screen on BlueScreenView [STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION]
Most Recent BSOD
Second Most Recent
Third Most Recent
Forth Most Recent
Fifth Most Recent [String isnt on there, and I've forgot it]

I was told to do a sfc.exe /scannow on cmd prompt, so I did that and here is the result

Thanks for the help in advance,

Jake

Solution
from your photos I can only see one error code and it was.
3: kd> !error 0xc00002c4
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc00002c4 (3221226180) - The system file %1 has become corrupt and has been replaced.

This could be caused by several reasons: Infected storage driver, bug in BIOS SATA setup, bug in SATA driver.

I would do the following:
1. run a Malwarebytes scan (free version)
2. start cmd as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
This fixes window core files from known good copy from a Microsoft server on the internet.

reboot, then go to your motherboard vendors website and update the BIOS and update the drivers for your motherboard focus on any SATA drivers and CPU chipset drivers.

if you continue to get...

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Based on the error codes I can see this is definitely a driver issue. My first step would be to go through with a program and update all of your drivers, including display drivers. If this doesn't fix it, a Windows re-install probably will.

Jakeee

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017

I downloaded Snappy Driver Installer and am installing all of the new ones now, apparently there was 2GBs of Drivers I didnt have so I'll get back to you on if it crashes again after the installations, thanks

from your photos I can only see one error code and it was.
3: kd> !error 0xc00002c4
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc00002c4 (3221226180) - The system file %1 has become corrupt and has been replaced.

This could be caused by several reasons: Infected storage driver, bug in BIOS SATA setup, bug in SATA driver.

I would do the following:
1. run a Malwarebytes scan (free version)
2. start cmd as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
This fixes window core files from known good copy from a Microsoft server on the internet.

reboot, then go to your motherboard vendors website and update the BIOS and update the drivers for your motherboard focus on any SATA drivers and CPU chipset drivers.

if you continue to get bugchecks, then you will want to provide the windows diagnostic dump file from
c:\windows\minidump directory.
IE copy the file to a cloud server like Microsoft onedrive, share the file for public access and post a link so the file can be read with a windows debugger.

Solution

Jakeee

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017

I ran the Malwarebytes, a lot of things came up, I quarantined them all and replace some of them,I also did the otherthing in CMD prompt, the results are here

Jakeee

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017

I'll tell you if it fixes anything, doing drivers also did not do anything to fix it, about an hour later it blue screened again with the MEMORY MANAGEMENT bsod again, if the other fix I tried does not work, i'll reset windows, ty

the dism.exe command gets clean copies of windows files if you have malware installed the files can be reinfected.
Best to reboot after doing the dism.exe command and Malwarebytes scan. then do them again to make sure your system is ok after the reboot.

also, if you put the new memory dump file from c:\windows\minidump directory on to a cloud server like Microsoft onedrive, share the files for public access and post a link. I can use the windows debugger to check your core windows files and see why windows called the bugcheck. Often it will be something attempting to modify contents of windows memory.

sometimes the malware also hides inside the virtual memory system c:\pagefile.sys
you might turn off virtual memory, reboot delete the hidden pagefile, then reboot and turn on the virtual memory to create a new one.