Windows BSOD help

Plank

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
i tried to overclock my pc. went into bios and set the thingy to optimal or something idk. all i know is that the asus symbol turned red, how cool. so i tried to start up windows but nothing happened. Yay. i went back to the bios and reset evrything. nothing happened again. just that annoying swirling loading screen. did i try startup repair? yes. what about system image recovery? well the guys i bought this pc from diddnt give me any form of windows except the one thats installed so i guess thats not happening. after i had questioned my life choices i decided to reset it. that ofcourse diddnt work either. why would it. windows was just teasing me at this point. so out of frustration i hit the restart button really hard. that felt really good, but my short lived moment of happiness was swiftly taken from me by the legendary blue screen of death. yup.....im done

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Try this, find your SATA mode settings and change to the IDE setting. Changing to the BIOS' optimal setting may have changed to AHCI mode and if Windows isn't configured to use that mode, you will get BSOD/restart errors. Worth a shot.

Plank

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
well i went into the bios again and stumbeled over the erase ssd feature and it said that the ssd that windows is on is frozen while the other one is active?

Plank

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
ahh im on mobile now and there is no reply button here so i have to say it here but i was referring to the resetting bios by taking out the battery

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Understood. Check your BIOS to ensure that the desired SSD (the one with Windows on it) is still the default boot device as well.

Plank

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
the best thing to do now is to reset the pc but since it wont let me do it i guess ill never get it to boot again. might even have to buy a new copy of windows

Plank

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
oh ok then, how do i do that?

and i tried taking out the gtx but no difference except that the windows loading screen was higher res... guess thats a good thing