Jan 23, 2020
MotherboardASROCK Z390 phantom gaming4-cb
CPU: I7-9700k
GPU: rtx 2070 (brand new)
Hdd 2tb
Sdd 240gb
16gb ram
PSU 800w (cyber power standard unit)

This error is haunting me. I’ve reinstalled Windows 10 completely.
drivers for everything are up to date.
Ive monitored gpu temp (using msi afterburner)(reliable?)
Monitored cpu temp (core temp) (reliable?)
Both temps are in safe ranges. Gpu peaked at 76c while gaming. Cpu barely passes 60c.
Ive checked that all my hardware is connected and in place.
The gpu is brand new. Cyberpower sent me a new 2070 under warranty because that was their first diagnoses.
what else can i do!

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Problem with WHEA errors is it can be any hardware or drivers (although given its surviving clean installs its highly unlikely to be drivers.)
can be caused by overheating
Can be caused by overclocking so remove any
can be caused by overclocking software so remove anything such as MSI Afterburner or Phantom Gaming Tuning ver:3.0.245
Do you have latest...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Problem with WHEA errors is it can be any hardware or drivers (although given its surviving clean installs its highly unlikely to be drivers.)
can be caused by overheating
Can be caused by overclocking so remove any
can be caused by overclocking software so remove anything such as MSI Afterburner or Phantom Gaming Tuning ver:3.0.245
Do you have latest BIOS? - https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS

Have you run any tests on other parts?
test CPU - Intel - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

what brand is the storage drives?
Does the PSU actually have a brand or is it just cyberpower?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Solution
Jan 23, 2020
I removed intel extreme tuning and i install afterburner yesterday but i will remove. I had bsod withiut intel extreme as well but will remove both.

Somebody else also mentioned updating bios so i will definitely look into that!

i will run the cpu test when i get home.

240GB WD GREEN SSD 2.5" SATAIII 6.0 GB/s my ssd, i dont know the exact brand off the top of my head.

2TB HDD 3.5" SATAIII 7200RPM 6.0 GB/s 64MB CACHE same goes for hard drive.

the psu brand is ATNG

I will also run the mem test on ram when i get home!
Thank you for the recommendations!!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your ssd might be testable by this - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=279
but some of their ssd need to be tested using https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=3&lang=en

i wouldn't use on hdd unless you know its wd as well.

Problem could be the standard PSU itself - ATNG aren't a well known brand to me - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-supply-am-i-screwed.2529331/page-2?view=date

would have been better off with a better named brand - but before i go blaming the PSU I would like to see the dump files.

jodo_kast2

Prominent
Mar 5, 2018
Limitation of the chipset , or so some OEM pointed out similar if its error Whea-logger 17.

Update BIOS, since u already did the drivers (?) and if the log entry still generates try disabling native PCIE power handling as a work around .

write this in the cmd promt with admin privileges > bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedisable

restart and do a testrun.

also maybe having the event viewer displaying aditional info might help but best bet to diagnose BSOD is to give the memdump to someone capable that can interpret and pinpoint to who who fu__ked up.

Jan 23, 2020
Ok cool i appreciate both of you and your time! Im on my way home and im gonna start from the first reply and go down the list! I dont know if this is common but i used the whocrashed program last night and it ran 5 of the dump files but for some reason theyre gone now. I have the results from who crashed still if thats helpful at all... unfortunately i dont know how to make this bsod happened. I was just playing escape for tarkov for a few hours and it happened randomly while i was in the lobby...Prior to this error i went through cyberpower and their initial diagnoses was the gpu so they sent me one off warranty. I didnt care for the way they handled everything so i made my way here. After i rub these test and recommendations i will repirt back. If nothing pertinent pops up ill play tarkov again to see if it bsods again.