Windows Can not see nForce 520, BIOS and Safemode does.

TheDeetster

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
First up, System Specs, I've got a worked over eMachine ET1331G-03W, Windows 7 64bit, 5gb of ram. Processor is an AMD Athlon II X2 255, 3.10ghz. Has a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU. Attempting to use dual monitors with an nForce 520 installed.

Now, the weird part. POST displays on both, BIOS displays on both, even windows Safe Mode (with or with out networking and command prompt) display both. However, booting in to Windows normally does not display on the 520, nor does it even show that the card exists on the system.

I had a similar setup in another computer, a Dell OptiPlex 520, Windows 7 64bit, with onboard Intel graphics and both displays worked at all time. It displayed fine from the moment it was installed. I took the card from the Dell and put it in the eMachine.

I've tried installing graphics drivers from Nvidia, using the Vista 64bit driver, I've tried Vista 64bit Omega drivers. (Windows 7 drivers are not available for download, but I know it worked as it was in use on another windows 7 machine.) I use Snappy Driver Installer quite a bit and even tried that, but it doesn't even see the card. So far the only software that has recognized it is Nvidia's hardware detector, but it tells me no driver available.

Anyone got any ideas as to what is going on here?

Solution
Well, I never stopped fiddling around and I managed to get it working. Uninstalled all drivers for both cards. then booted to safe mode, installed omega drivers and now everything magically works.

TheDeetster

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
Well, I never stopped fiddling around and I managed to get it working. Uninstalled all drivers for both cards. then booted to safe mode, installed omega drivers and now everything magically works.

Solution