Windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partion 3

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
trying to install windows... (OEM LISCNESE)
I resetted computer to factory state, assuming it would go smoother
cannot be installed on any of the following type
disk 0 partition 1 39.0 mb (30mb free) OEM (reserved)
disk 0 partition 2: RECOVERY 12.8 gb (6.1gb free) system
disk 0 partition 3 583 gb (569.7 gb free) primary
Please help

Solution
Ok. When you restart your rig, after the beep, start hitting the DEL key to get into the bios. Within the BIOS, go to Advanced BIOS Features. Looking down the list, find EFI CD/DVD Boot Option and make sure it is set to "Auto". Then, go down to Boot Priority. Set the DVD drive to be the first priority drive to boot from the CD. Hit F10 to save and exit. Then Windows should boot from the disc and you should be able to install on partition 3.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
OK, select partition 3 (583 GB) and delete it. Then, when it asks to select again, pick the one that says unallocated space. Are you trying to save anything on this drive (I would assume not since you are trying to do a factory reset)?

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
no i dont need any personal things...i deleted it, unallocated space is what it says. i tried selecting it and it says i cant because its isnt in gpt format. i tried converting in cmd and it says it is not convertable. sigh.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Ok. When you restart your rig, after the beep, start hitting the DEL key to get into the bios. Within the BIOS, go to Advanced BIOS Features. Looking down the list, find EFI CD/DVD Boot Option and make sure it is set to "Auto". Then, go down to Boot Priority. Set the DVD drive to be the first priority drive to boot from the CD. Hit F10 to save and exit. Then Windows should boot from the disc and you should be able to install on partition 3.

Solution

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Keep hitting delete after the computer beeps one time then a screen should come up (usually blue) that says your in the bios. Follow my previous post. It should boot right into windows installation with "Windows is loading setup files" and a bar going across the bottom of the screen. If you don't get that far, let us know where your stuck.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hmm. What is the motherboard make and model? It should be DEL if it is a custom build. Some proprietary machines have different keys for BIOS setup. It's not a Dell, Gateway, or anything in that nature is it? If so, what brand and model number?

Try a different keyboard and/or in different USB ports if is not the round PS/2 connector.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
OK. The USB keyboard should work. Look in the BIOS for Advanced Peripherals and make sure that USB Controllers, USB Legacy Function, and USB Storage Function is enabled. Try the USB keyboard again once your done and if you have a different one try that. But first, lets get you into Windows installation.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Cool deal. Once you get windows installed, try to get that USB keyboard to work or try another one. Look in the BIOS as I said before and check the USB controller settings. You are definately going to want the USB keyboard and mouse for Plug n' Play capabilities as well as any usb devices that you use. If you don't have the settings right in the BIOS nothing will work in the USB ports.

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
yea ill check. thanks for all the help... im just waiting for the next setback. i regret buying a new mobo, its put so much stress. all i can say is hopefully this goes ok and i can be up and gamin soon. Once again thanks so much for all the help.