Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 partition 1

steelsparks

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Hello

I just built a computer with a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard, 4 GB of RAM, and 2 60 GB hard drives. I tried to install Windows 7 but after choosing to install it through custom (advanced), it says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." I tried going to the BIOS but quickly discovered i had no idea what i was doing. Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thank you for your time

Is the disk you're trying to install to a new disk? If not, you'll need to format it . When you get to the screen 'Where do you want to Install Windows' choose 'Drive Options' (Advanced) and delete any partitions, then format to achieve a clean install.

When you are trying to install windows do the hard drives come up in the options window of available drives? I it says raw space then you need to make a partition on the disk and it's usualy the full size of the disk , then that partition needs to be formated and you can load Windows to the formated drive.

steelsparks

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

Yes the drive showed up, but when i tried to format it loaded for a bit then displayed the same message.i tried deleting the drive then creating a new drive and formatting it as well, but it failed.