Question Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk.

LilZpai

Reputable
Jun 10, 2016
I just built a computer from some older parts earlier today, and have been pulling my hair out because of this error that occurs when trying to install Windows.

Relevant system information:
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R
HDD: (Some random 1TB Samsung drive, installed Windows on an identical one before so doubt the physical drive is the issue)

Here's the error:
czul1Yt.jpg

So far, I've tried changing some settings in the BIOS, such as changing from IDE to AHCI as some guides have suggested, though that didn't help. I have also tried changing SATA ports, tried changing a bunch of stuff, but with no luck.
Deleting the partition, creating a new, formatting, nothing helps.
I am guessing there's either something in the BIOS I have to change, or something with the USB installation tool. I used the latest Windows Media Creation Tool, and the USB's drive format is FAT32.
Here are the relevant BIOS settings, I can provide more information if anyone needs it or has any idea as to what to do ^^

PZ8tZfU.jpg
qlBn0FA.jpg

If anyone knows what I can do to resolve this annoying issue, I would love to hear it!