Windows cannot boot after hardware change

Sep 28, 2018
I recently changed out my motherboard, cpu, and ram in my PC, and now when I turn on my computer, I continuously get blue screen errors before windows can even load for more than 3 seconds, leaving me unable to access my computer in any capacity besides the BIOS. Interestingly enough it gives me a different error every time, however it cycles through the same 4 or 5:

-System thread exception not handled
-Unexpected kernal mode trap
-IRQL not less or equal
-KMODE Exception not handled

I am aware that changing hardware will cause windows to not be able to boot correctly, so I downloaded the windows media creation tool to create a boot drive out of a portable SSD in an attempt to do a fresh install of windows. I made sure in the BIOS that the computer boots with this drive, and I even disconnected all other drives from my motherboard, but to my confusion I still get the same 4 or 5 BSOD errors.
System specs are:

i7 7700 at 3.60 ghz
ASUS nvidia 1050ti
MSI B250m gaming pro motherboard
Samsung T3 portable SSD 500gb
Corsair DDR4 8gb RAM

I assume this may be a driver error. After a little research on these errors all have something to do with faulty drivers.

USAFRet

Titan

After a major hardware change like this, there are 3 possible outcomes:

1. It boots up just fine.
2. It fails completely.
3. It boots up, but you're chasing issues for weeks.

You've found #2.
Full reinstall.

When windows gives 4 or 5 different messages each time, they are not really the source of the problem but a consequence of the real problem that is usually RAM errors, OC errors or excess temperature.

This is not a big change. This is a new computer. As such you should treat it.

Make sure the cpu fan works. I guess the cooler is correctly placed and with its corresponding thermal grease. If it's not

I guess you're using a second-hand motherboard. Then start by doing a "clear CMOS" and a "load optimized values". Also make sure that the RAM is defined in its most basic values.

Validate the RAM with a program outside windows like MEMTEST86 or similar.

If you have two RAM sticks try first with each one separately.

Sep 28, 2018

So I completely agree with you here, a full reinstall if windows is in order, however, as stated in my original post, I download windows media creation tool on my portable SSD, to work as a bootable USB device. I even disconnect all my old storage devices to make sure my motherboard isn't confused on what to boot with, however on startup i get the same errors as when I had it booting with my old version of windows. I cannot get past the BSOD to even begin reinstalling windows.