[SOLVED] Windows cannot finish installing after reset

Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently went and reset windows 10 on my laptop; however, after doing so I am met with two errors:
  1. something about unattended parcel and when I click ok it leads to this second error
  2. windows could not finish install restart to finish
My laptop was plugged in the whole time and was in no way interrupted during the reset. I've seen solutions that tell me to press shift + f10 but it doesn't work for me.

I try and turn off and it leads me to the log in screen with an administrator user but it says my account is disabled.

If I had known I wouldn't have reset. My laptop was running slow and wanted it to perform better for school work/ dad usage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
You are probably best off doing a reformat, using the latest windows version, via USB drive, setup using the media creation tool. Sometimes the reset function simply doesn't work.
Sep 26, 2019
You are probably best off doing a reformat, using the latest windows version, via USB drive, setup using the media creation tool. Sometimes the reset function simply doesn't work.

I am familiar with downloading the media creation tool with an empty usb. How may I go about booting off of that? do I just turn on the laptop as usual? Thank you for the quick response!

logainofhades

Titan
There is often an F-key, that you can push, to interrupt normal boot, and then select which device you want to boot from. Some laptops will boot from a USB, by default. Often there is a bios setting, that you can also use, to set boot order/priority. You may have to consult a manual, for your particular model, to determine how it is done.

Sep 26, 2019
There is often an F-key, that you can push, to interrupt normal boot, and then select which device you want to boot from. Some laptops will boot from a USB, by default. Often there is a bios setting, that you can also use, to set boot order/priority. You may have to consult a manual, for your particular model, to determine how it is done.
Thank you so much! Luckily it just booted from the usb itself. All is well (y)