[SOLVED] Windows can't find applications after Windows reinstallation.

Feb 24, 2020
I have 3 different drives. My C drive is where windows is installed, my E drive is where I put all of my games because they take up a lot of space, and my D drive is where I keep everything else, such as my applications except for Steam.

I just did a clean reinstall of windows 10 (C-drive), and now it can't find some applications, right now I want to focus on one, which is Steam (E-drive). So when I go to search it in the search bar, it just does not come up.

Solution
It has always been installed on my E drive with all of my games, but you gave me an idea and I might use the uninstall exe file that steam has to uninstall it, and then just reinstall it back into the drive.
So interestingly enough, apparently all it took was installing it into the same place it already was and I guess it just identified itself along with windows during the installation because now everything with it is fixed. Thanks for the help!
Sounds like you installed Steam previously on your C: drive but added the games folder onto your E: drive.

Install Steam again on your C: drive and then install a game you know you have on your E: drive and when the steam game install window comes up select the E: and the folder "steamlibrary" and it will auto populate all your games that you have installed onto your E: drive. You wont have to reinstall any of your games.

Reactions: ICameon
Feb 24, 2020
Sounds like you installed Steam previously on your C: drive but added the games folder onto your E: drive.

Install Steam again on your C: drive and then install a game you know you have on your E: drive and when the steam game install window comes up select the E: and the folder "steamlibrary" and it will auto populate all your games that you have installed onto your E: drive. You wont have to reinstall any of your games.
It has always been installed on my E drive with all of my games, but you gave me an idea and I might use the uninstall exe file that steam has to uninstall it, and then just reinstall it back into the drive.

Feb 24, 2020
So interestingly enough, apparently all it took was installing it into the same place it already was and I guess it just identified itself along with windows during the installation because now everything with it is fixed. Thanks for the help!

Solution