May 26, 2020
Ok so i added a new m.2 ssd in my pc (not nvme). I use a usb key to perform a new clean install on that drive. Everything is going well but when it restarts it’s putting me again at the beginning of the installation setup and if i unplug the usb key when it’s saying rebooting in 5...4..., etc. it’s giving me the error “reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media”. I searched for an answer and the only close thing i found is another guy that as the same problem as me and posted on november 30th but never got any answers. Been nearly 4 hours since i started trying multiple things but that freaking windows if pissing me off.
For info i have 3 other drives in my pc, one 2,5” Gb ssd with another copy of windows (the one i’m using normally), another 2,5” 512 Gb ssd and a 1tb hdd
Its like there’s windows installed after the reboot.
thank you for your help !

Solution
This is a fairly common problem.

What motherboard do you have?

helps to only have 1 drive in PC when installing win 10 as it likes to share itself around to other drives if given a chance.

2,5” Gb ssd with another copy of windows (the one i’m using normally)
why are you installing windows twice? Is this other install also win 10 as thats not going to work well. Win 10 not designed to dual boot with itself. If this install is win 10 and you had it in when installing 10 on nvme, the installer would wipe the boot info off the current install and point it at nvme

you really only want win 10 on PC once.

Colif

Win 11 Master
This is a fairly common problem.

What motherboard do you have?

helps to only have 1 drive in PC when installing win 10 as it likes to share itself around to other drives if given a chance.

2,5” Gb ssd with another copy of windows (the one i’m using normally)
why are you installing windows twice? Is this other install also win 10 as thats not going to work well. Win 10 not designed to dual boot with itself. If this install is win 10 and you had it in when installing 10 on nvme, the installer would wipe the boot info off the current install and point it at nvme

you really only want win 10 on PC once.

Last edited:
Solution
May 26, 2020
oh thanks but i’m just dumb, the second option in the bios when checking boot priority was windows boot manager so i took that and then i chose which windows i wanted to execute and now it’s all good. I deleted the other windows after setting up everything because i needed to copy some files.