[SOLVED] Windows Clipboard function and uploading ?

Oblivion77

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018
Dear all

In Settings > System > Clipboard
I found out, that if Clipboard history is ON and Sync across devices is ON, then the copied material is uploaded to Microsoft.

If Clipboard history is OFF and Sync across devices is OFF, the copied material is definitely not uploaded to Microsoft?

Can Clipboard history upload a file to Microsoft?

When Clipboard history is updated (I can see the list update realtime Windows + v), and I meantime monitor network activity, there is no upload activity.
How can that be, when the sync setting is ON?
When is the upload / sync happening?

If I go offline. Clipboard history is ON and Sync across devices is ON.
Is the file then being synced later / when online?

Thank you for replying

Best regards

Solution
sync is your roaming profile. its saved on MS servers so if you logon to another pc it remembers what desktop looks like and what apps to run, although this is restricted to Store apps

If Clipboard history is OFF and Sync across devices is OFF, the copied material is definitely not uploaded to Microsoft?

When sync is off, nothing is uploaded to update your profile
I guess it must be able to if you have sync set as on
When Clipboard history is updated (I can see the list update realtime Windows + v), and I meantime monitor network activity, there is no upload activity.

Colif

Win 11 Master
sync is your roaming profile. its saved on MS servers so if you logon to another pc it remembers what desktop looks like and what apps to run, although this is restricted to Store apps

possibly at logon. I know if you have sync set up and it saves desktop settings, and you change monitor size, it can still swap the screensize at logon but it won't do it again, so I think itmight only sync them at startup and perhaps shutdown

If I go offline. Clipboard history is ON and Sync across devices is ON.
Is the file then being synced later / when online?
Probably uploaded once you go back online

Most of the things relating to sync are on settings/accounts/sync settings

you can wipe what is recorded by doing this - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...ngs-windows-10-devices-microsoft-account.html

Solution

Oblivion77

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018

possibly at logon. I know if you have sync set up and it saves desktop settings, and you change monitor size, it can still swap the screensize at logon but it won't do it again, so I think itmight only sync them at startup and perhaps shutdown

Probably uploaded once you go back online

Most of the things relating to sync are on settings/accounts/sync settings

you can wipe what is recorded by doing this - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...ngs-windows-10-devices-microsoft-account.html

Thank you for your reply

Settings > System > Clipboard
Sync across devices
“Microsoft receives your clipboard data”
Is this still the same elements shown in Windows + V?
And are still only Bitmap, Text and HTML elements?

If Clipboard history is ON the copied elements are stored on the PC, what is the directory / path to this folder?

Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings
If the top "Sync settings" is off, are all the below "Individual sync settings" off?