Question Windows component invisible

Jul 17, 2019
Hello,
Inside every folder in the windows installation drive is blank. Failed Windows startup Auto repair loop was occurring, tried to restore registry with CMD, and there couldn't locate the registry folder/files to copy.

So, in order to check Windows folder in that windows installation drive C, signed-in from another Windows(HDD), and found blank folders of Program Files, Program Data, Users and Windows. The disc space was still occupied as before.

Is the windows recoverable?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Probably not the windows, sounds like a clean reinstall job.
As for why this has occured, there may be a fault with the HDD. May be worth running HD Sentinel on it to verify there is nothing obviously going wrong.

Did you change or do anything when the files somehow vanished?

Jul 17, 2019
Probably not the windows, sounds like a clean reinstall job.
As for why this has occured, there may be a fault with the HDD. May be worth running HD Sentinel on it to verify there is nothing obviously going wrong.

Did you change or do anything when the files somehow vanished?
HD Sentinel and Crystal Disc info didn't find any problem. Windows was upgraded through windows insider build program, not the final update build I think; stopped getting newer builds for half a year or so, because everything was running quite good. And then, suddenly for few weeks disc repair started at startup, with success. And then, the failed auto startup repairing loop occurred.

I didn't change any registry or core components setting at all, BTW, could you tell if this is one of the Insider Program bugs, specifically like the Windows 10 'october update' that deleted files stored in documents & pictures? I can't tell if the windows build I installed or the later upgrade build was 'October update' build.

Last edited: