Question Windows constantly breaks AMD Drivers after any boot cycle

naxter48

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2014
built a new pc, cloned old hard drive to a new one with larger capacity but otherwise it's the same. I believe I updated all the drivers to match the new parts.

But now whenever it boots from sleep mode or from being shut down, the amd drivers need repairs which is ironic given that using the amd repair tool requires a restart.

I did a recommended thing I found which is to turn off auto update via systemadvancedproperties/Hardware menu but it's still occurring.
The only new program installs I've done is the disk for my motherboard which includes Norton security software and my bluray external disk which was a few media tools and a firmware update tool.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB GAMING OC PRO Video Card
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh White w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA BQ 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Lutfij

Titan
Which BIOS version are you working with on your motherboard? As for your OS, you mentioned using Windows but you forgot to mention which Windows you're on. If you're on Windows 10, include the version(not edition) of the OS. You've stated building the above listed PC anew, if the mainboard is not the same as your last build, then yo were supposed to reinstall the OS, not clone it.

naxter48

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2014
Which BIOS version are you working with on your motherboard? As for your OS, you mentioned using Windows but you forgot to mention which Windows you're on. If you're on Windows 10, include the version(not edition) of the OS. You've stated building the above listed PC anew, if the mainboard is not the same as your last build, then yo were supposed to reinstall the OS, not clone it.

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. F35d, 10/13/2021
Windows 10 Home 21H1

Oh, reinstalling wasn't working cause it wouldn't read my backups but I guess I can try again with wiping and starting a new Backup HDD and restoring to that. I tried using Macrium for that.
Or should I just do file transfer not full backup/restore?