Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter.

JohnDeppers

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
I know this has been asked a million times and solved a million times, however please hear me out here.

I purchased an HP Notebook - 15-ba019nr (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05301900#AbT1 for reference) last Black Friday for a really good price. I've endured Windows 10 since then only using it for school. Well, my main laptop that I would use for e-mails, chatting, etc. on the go has recently given up. It was old and custom built, so I didn't mind. I decided to use my notebook as my main laptop now and in order to do so and get some kind of decent performance I had to install Windows 7, which I already had the Ultimate Edition SP1 64-bit on a USB for when I need to restore a computer back to factory settings. I installed it and all went smoothly, however no network driver was installed. I can't search for updates without internet, hardwiring doesn't work either, and I've downloaded at least six different .exe files from the HP site desperately trying to find the right one. I'm at a loss, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
That system only has support for Windows 10, for anything else you will need to manually look at the hardware ID in device manager for the device and do a web search to find Windows 7 drivers.