Mar 2, 2023
Hi! I'm having a terribly confusing problem with my computer. This morning I took out 1 ram and wanted to put it in another computer. (It was working fine until then.) After restarting, I checked in cpu-z if everything was loaded and it was ok, until the computer simply crashed, with the message: your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. Collecting error information. Once this process is complete, your computer will restart automatically. error code: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. The computer turns on and off until now. After starting it works for about 2 minutes and suddenly throws a blue screen. The interesting thing about all this is that if I enter Furmark or CPU-Z and start to load the GPU / CPU - no matter which component - the computer will work without crashing until I turn off the stress test. After clicking the stop button, two seconds later it crashes again. I decided to reset the system to factory settings. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Now I can't even create a profile on my computer because I won't be able to do it in two minutes - there's a crash again. So now I only have access to the bios (I can sit here all day without crashing) Does any of you know how I can fix my computer? I spent the whole day on it and still don't know what it is.
My specs:
CPU: i5-7600K
GPU: GTX 1060 6Gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda
SSD: Goodram CX200
RAM: Hyper X 8Gb DDR4 2133Mhz
PSU: SilentiumPC Supreme L2 GOLD SL2-550W SPC139
Mainboard: MSI Z170-A PRO
BIOS Ver: E7971IMS.1H0

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Reactions: witeg
Mar 2, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
Thank you, I edited my thread :)

Mar 2, 2023
Remove the discrete GPU and see if you're able to get display out, then be able to go into OS GUI. if things hold, then try and update the BIOS on your motherboard. Also, how are you cooling that processor?

Cooling is most likely: SilentiumPC Fortis 3. Large structure. I'm getting down to removing the graphics card. How can I update bios without even being able to enter the windows desktop?

Lutfij

Titan
Update BIOS from within BIOS. That's for later...I as stating that you try and get into OS GUI. If you're able to hold there, then it's possible that the PSU's incapable of powering the entire system...if the cooler for your processor isn't clogged to prevent any airflow. You didn't include the age of the PSU...please add that.

Mar 2, 2023
Update BIOS from within BIOS. That's for later...I as stating that you try and get into OS GUI. If you're able to hold there, then it's possible that the PSU's incapable of powering the entire system...if the cooler for your processor isn't clogged to prevent any airflow. You didn't include the age of the PSU...please add that.
The age of the power supply is about 5 years, but it is certified: GOLD, and my kit certainly has less consumption than 500W. Previously, the whole thing harmonized with each other. Now I have some complications. I can get into the BIOS without GPU fortunately.