Windows crashes constantly

PJzinc

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Hi again,

Currently having a problem with my windows 10. Not sure if It's hardware or software, but leaning towards software problems. Memory management error is the most often one. However I did a windows memory diagnostic tool run as advised but it did not detect anything wrong with my ram. So I am thinking its most likely my windows. Uninstalled my graphics drivers as well as any unnecessary or unknown programs I found. Bought ReImage repair software, it had fixed the problem for a while but now it's back, and it won't do much now. Another piece of info: recently installed an SSD and cloned the windows from my old HDD which I now use as my secondary drive, but it used to crash before that aswell. On top of the SSD install I did upgrade to Windows 10 from windows 7, before that it did not seem to crash.

Appreciate any advice,
Thank you.

Crash dump analysis:
On Sat 6/18/2016 6:12:55 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061816-11859-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFFF6BFFF2F91B8, 0x4, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

error code 0x41792=A corrupted PTE has been detected
a page table entry is used to map locations in physical memory to locations inside your c:\pagefile.sys
and the entry was corrupted.

so update your sata drivers for your motherboard, update the BIOS or put your sata data cable to your drive on a different port on a different controller.
(the slower one is supported directly by the CPU chipset drivers and is more likely to work)

I would also turn off virtual memory to delete the hidden page file. (for the case where the pagefiles is actually located on a bad sector of your hard drive)
then turn on virutal memory to create a new pagefiles.sys

you will also want to run malwarebytes and run cmd.exe as an admin
then run
sfc.exe /scannow
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

this will help catch the cases where malware infects storage drivers.

be sure to update your motherboards drivers for windows 10. Many OEMs did not release the fixes until after windows shipped.
the intel storage driver has bugs, with fixes form the OEM website or directly from intel download site.

PJzinc

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Hi,

I am now considering if a clean windows 10 install would do the trick? Or I might still get tons of these crashes anyway? I am unable to do much at the moment as it keeps crashing and crashing constantly as I try the solutions you suggested and the ones I find on the forums.

PJzinc

Commendable
May 9, 2016
UPDATE: so apparently everyone says its the AMD graphics drivers that are causing all the crashes in conflict with windows 10. And I have tried tons of different types of AMD drivers now (clean delete and clean install of them). I have no idea what to do, getting really frustrated at both companies now. Anyway I am still trying to resolve the issue as I don't want to invest in a new setup at the moment. Here's a rar of my crash dump files if anyone is interested in helping me in my struggles: http://speedy.sh/z87Fq/Minidump.rar

Thank you for your support and understanding :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
What model AMD card do you have? Everything prior to the 7700 - 7900 series are currently using the beta Crimson drivers and are now classified as legacy by AMD, and won't get anything newer specific to the model. Anything above the 7700-7900 series now uses the New Crimson driver and depending how new they are, may get better support. The 7700-7900 series themselves are on the border line and seem to close to getting the Beta drivers in a few months when the newer cards are released.

PJzinc

Commendable
May 9, 2016
I use an AMD APU. I believe AMD still does update the drivers for them which I tried too Here's some pics.
https://postimg.org/image/z09put1vl/
https://postimg.org/image/98uujcwsx/

put your memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory on a server like google docs or microsoft onedrive, share the files for public access and post a link.

for this type of error you might need to change your memory dump type to kernel rather than a minidump.
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/111474.aspx

it will provide more debug info and will save the file as c:\windows\memory.dmp

try the changes below and retest to see if you bugcheck.
---------
remove overclocking driver:
C:\Program Files\AMD\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014
consider applying bios update (fixes are not listed )
http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/FM2A68M-HD+/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

apply the motherboard driver updates:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A68M-HD+/?cat=Download&os=Win1064
(windows installed some old drivers form 2013)
(do not install the utilities)

your CPU came out in first quarter of 2015

System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:21.524
first bugcheck:
BugCheck 1A, {41793, fffff6800076a5b8, b8, b7}

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error code 41793 is not documented but it is probably something to do with a page table entry (pte) being wrong.
it is the mapping between where files are stored in physical memory and how they are swapped to disk in a location in the virutual memroy (pagefile.sys)

it could be that your game corrupted memory, or a driver on your system (graphics driver or sound driver maybe)

or it could be the sata controller or the storage (you just can not tell, other than the table was wrong)

machine info:
BIOS Version P1.60
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 05/05/2015
Manufacturer ASRock
Product FM2A68M-HD+
Processor Version AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
Processor Voltage 8eh - 1.4V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3300MHz
Current Speed 3300MHz

PJzinc

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Running into another problem now as it fails to boot windows every time the computer has been off for a while. But then on second or third try it loads and shows a screen which says that windows have recently failed to load and suggests to run diagnostics of some sort.

does the bios info show up on each boot attempt? Black screen? or does the BIOS check happen, then control is given to windows and windows fails to load (windows blue loading screen ? but not a BSOD)

no video output, can you hear your system making boot up sounds? like it is running but the video is disconnected.
if so you might have bad power connection or failing power supply.
(also, make sure you plug your power supply into the wall rather than a power strip, sometimes the power strips fail)

can also be a failing GPU, so check any power connection from the PSU to the GPU and make sure the connection is good.
(thermal expansion as things heat up can make a connection, and the contraction when it is cold can break a connection)
it it is a thermal problem, sometimes you can find it by using a hair drier on components when the system is cold. IE heat up your psu with a hair drier before you power on. if it works, then you might have a bad connection in the PSU.

PJzinc

Commendable
May 9, 2016
It wont let me delete the AODDriver2.sys - says it's running even though the overclocking is turned off in the BIOS and tried to stop the AMD FUEL service.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If the only problem is only drivers, i would clean install Win 10 and try it with all new drivers. Its likely the PC ran fine before as all the drivers installed were for Win 7. If you match 10 to its right drivers it should work fine too. The upgrade process never gave it that chance. Instead it relied on some pack of drivers made by Asrock that aren't the latest and never updated, and may have used generic drivers for everything the pack didn't include. Or maybe even just the win 7 drivers that were there already.

Win 10 will grab a bunch of drivers on install but they will be old ones you have already, better to grab the ones johnbl linked above as they will better match the newer bios you should get too.

PJzinc

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Did a clean Windows 10 install. Did not help at all. Now removed one of the RAM sticks it seems to have stopped crashing. Either the other stick is faulty or my motherboards second slot is faulty. About to test these probabilities.