Question Windows crashes probably due to my installing my drivers incorrectly.

Sep 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

Just built a new PC earlier this month, and I put it together correctly (hopefully), but when it came to getting windows installed and sorted out is where I really struggled.

The first time I installed Windows (Yes I installed it twice) It worked fine for a few days oddly enough, until one afternoon it didn't. Long story short, I didn't decompress the zip files and install the actual drivers the first time.

My problem is that on the second windows installation, my PC will totally at random crash, and will not be able to reboot unless I manually hold down the power button and start it back up again.

Most of the time Windows won't be able to throw an error code at the BSOD,and if it does, it's most likely the error Driver_Not_Less_Or_Equal. Most of the time, windows will give me the "Your PC needs to be recovered" error 0xc0000225.
Windows usually would have a problem if I tried to install/uninstall programs.

I have figured over many hours of troubleshooting, that it has to be a drivers issue, and I might've installed the wrong drivers and/or duplicates of them.
At this point, I am at a loss and I need some guidance as to what to do to fix the issue.

My build is as follows:
-AMD Ryzen 5 3600
-XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 (Blower Style Cooler)
-Currently using the stock Wraith Stealth Cooler
-AsRock Fata1ity B450 Gaming K4 ATX motherboard
-2 8GB sticks of G. Skill Ripjaws 3200 mhz.
-1 2 TB HDD
-1 256 GB m.2 NVME SSD
-NZXT H500i case
-650 watt PSU (Bronze 80+ Rating)
- Windows 10

I appreciate any input. Thanks!
-Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS