[SOLVED] Windows crashes while playing Battlefront II ?

danyuzunov

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
Hi! My Windows commonly crashes while having battlefront II opened in the background and the most common err codes I get are- "FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" and "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". I normally experience windows crash about once every 2 months but now while having battlefront II opened in the background it happens nearly every day, and after restart the "AMD Bug Report Tool" pops up.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x
B 450 aorus pro
RX 580 4gb nitro plus
Storage- 2tb Seagate barracuda hdd, 120gb SSD from entec, 512 nvme Kingston, and 1.5tb hdd
PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W gold
Ram: 2x16 gb 3200 Corsair LPX
CPU cooler- H115i rgb platinum
Case- Phanteks p500a

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

both are likely to be drivers, just need to work out which ones.
I have...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

both are likely to be drivers, just need to work out which ones.
I have never seen AMD Bug report tool, I think its tied to GPU drivers.. not sure, not had any BSOD on this PC yet.
AMD Bug Report Tool comes bundled with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 2020 drivers from version 20.7.1 and later.
Seems I was right.

so have you tried running DDU in safe mode and reinstall Adrenaline drivers? = https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Reactions: danyuzunov
Solution