[SOLVED] Windows crashing and games hard freezing

RealRemus

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
Hello everyone,
About two months ago some games started freezing ( CS:GO and sometimes Rocket League) at that time I didn't think as much of it, so I ignored it. After a week this problem was not occurring anymore. However, recently the same thing started happenig again but this time I needed to restart my PC everytime it happened. Futhermore, yesterday I was playing some Minecraft on my server and my windows crashed with a blue screen, error was: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DRIVE. I fixed it the same day with a window repair though usb with window 10. So thought I fixed the problem but I was wrong. Today while playing CS:GO it froze I managed to fix it quickly and got in the game on time before a competative cooldown. After two round my game froze again but this time when I tried singing out of a PC user PC blue screened. This time the error was: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. PC turned on after a drive repair and is working normally right now. My guess is that it a hard drive problem, I have only one HDD 500 gb, no SSD . I checked the drive status with CrystalDiscInfo and this was the result:
View: https://imgur.com/a/BE4lNyK

Does this mean that I should get new storage?
Other Specs:
ECS h61h2-m2 (socket 1155),
16 gb Hyperx Ram, 1333 MHz
Corsair CS550M,
i7 2700k, stock cooling, not OC
MSI 1050, 2 Gb, OC.

Temps:
While gaming CPU: under 75 °C
While gaming GPU: under 70 °C
CPU Stress test (15 min): Under 80 °C
I can do some test more if you want.
Thank you in advance.

OwenTheGamer

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
I think you should get a new hard drive. From the errors listed it does seem like it is a hard drive issue especially with the results from CrystalDisk. If you can you should opt in for an ssd.

Reactions: RealRemus

OwenTheGamer

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
I think you should get a new hard drive. From the errors listed it does seem like it is a hard drive issue especially with the results from CrystalDisk. If you can you should opt in for an ssd.

Reactions: RealRemus

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS