Windows Creators Update

omarnaeb

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Hello, I require help stopping Windows Creators Update from installing, if there's any possible way to do so, I reinstalled my Windows once because Windows Creators Update installed itself without notifying me and now it's asking that I restart my PC to install it, but. I don't want to and I am not sure if there's any way possible to stop it from installing. Thanks in advance.

Solution
You cannot if you are using Windows Home Edition or less. If you are using Professional or higher, you can stop any updates. I was like you which I wasn't pretty happy, but I am stuck with this.

THartmann9374

Honorable
Feb 13, 2017
You cannot if you are using Windows Home Edition or less. If you are using Professional or higher, you can stop any updates. I was like you which I wasn't pretty happy, but I am stuck with this.

Solution

Although in theory this might be true, even a Windows 10 Pro user can not stop the creators update right now because it is beyond the maximum 90 day delay period. The creators update came out at the very beginning of April and the longest that a Pro user can delay any update is 90 days, so we even they are beyond the ability to stave it off.

The only way to not get the creators update is to disconnect your computer from the internet.