Windows Credential Manager

Keyes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
Hi, I'm using a Custom Built PC with Windows 7 64 bit Home premium. I noticed a thing in the control panel called Credentials Manager, and Saw my Email and address and some passwords and things. I deleted these as I do not want windows storing passwords in the vault. How do I get it to stop?

Solution

No. One way to store username/pw there, is to connect a network drive with another username and check the "reconnect at startup" box. The most popular way is to login to a webpage with IE and hit 'yes', when it asks to store the un/pw.

Keyes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

My UAC level is set to the lowest. Is that a reason why I see them without putting them there myself?

No. One way to store username/pw there, is to connect a network drive with another username and check the "reconnect at startup" box. The most popular way is to login to a webpage with IE and hit 'yes', when it asks to store the un/pw.

Solution

Keyes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

I've tried logging to a website on IE, but when I save the password it's not in the credential manager. I don't use IE often anyway. Is there any other way I can try finding out how my passwords get onto it? Because I don't want it to, and I want to disable it.

Keyes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

I'd just like to say I found out what was causing my email address and stuff to appear. I have Fallout 3 on Steam, and it uses Games for Windowslive. I save my password on it as it's tedious to type each time I play. I deleted the Vault stuff (Vault, Heh) and came back to fallout to see my saved password gone. Just found the Credential came back. Thanks for your help!