Windows Data recovery

Sandeep_13

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I was trying to install windows 8 on my laptop but was not able to do so as it showed error to install windows on a given partition format so following a YouTube video I had run diskpart clean command which has deleted all my data and after that I went to market but in the mean time my younger brother had installed windows to it. Now I want to recover my data back as it had some very important data from my office so please let me know if there is any method to recover the data back?

Solution
There are programs out there that you can try that might be able to gather the idea from previous existing filing tables, but it really depends on the program you use. Kernel Data Recovery has been known to be real good. I have recovered data using that program from drives that have been wiped multiple times.

Aside from that, you can pay to have it recovered. However, that method of data recovery is highly expensive. Average price per drive is about $1200.

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
There are programs out there that you can try that might be able to gather the idea from previous existing filing tables, but it really depends on the program you use. Kernel Data Recovery has been known to be real good. I have recovered data using that program from drives that have been wiped multiple times.

Aside from that, you can pay to have it recovered. However, that method of data recovery is highly expensive. Average price per drive is about $1200.

Solution
If you cleaned and then installed windows over the top you will not have any portion of the drive that has been rewritten recoverable. If you had just quick formatted and partitioned then its quite a simple process using Testdisk and or PhotoRec (Linux). You could still try this but results may be flakey.

TRENDING THREADS