Question Windows defender detected a virus from my handycam camcorder

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
I plugged in my old camcorder and selected the usb connect hdd option but windows defender detected a virus. The virus is autorun.inf and windows defender detected it as a Worm:Win32/VB.HA!inf, the second virus is forever.exe and windows defender detected it as Worm:Win32/VB.HA . I have accidentally restored the autorun.inf file and I have disconnected the camera from the pc.

Does anyone know what this is?
What should I do?

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
Since I've not had a virus in a very long time (not this century), it would be impossible for me to say.

Would some small subsystem in Kaspersky block a virus attack that I didn't get anyway?
I found this forum about which to choose: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...chnology/a7ca0930-ef87-41af-a5f0-6789c8cf4393
The guy says that it is better to turn on memory integrity which protects the operating system instead of kaspersky's feature which only protects the browser.

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
There ya go...:)
I can't seem to enable Defender's memory integrity now because of an incompatible driver named "STTub30.sys" from STMicroelectronics. Can you help me with this? I have already turned off kaspersky's virtualization but it still doesn't work.
I suspect that the driver was something installed by kaspersky since I only turned memory integrity to turn on kaspersky's hardware virtualization a few minutes ago but turned the kasperky's hardware virtualization off to turn it back on. But the import date is 11/29/2021 which was a few days after I installed kaspersky (I installed kaspersky on 11/21/2021)

USAFRet

Titan

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
Possibly an issue with something called "Steelseries Engine "
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-10-pro/f1e72be1-99cb-4a33-b3b5-a517d4da950d

Do you have that installed?
Ah, that must be the problem. I have steelseries GG (steelseries gg is a bigger product that can do the same things as steelseries engine and that steelseries engine is discontinued) installed right now for my steelseries mouse. But it worked fine before I turned memory integrity on and off again? Should I uninstall it to turn on memory integrity and reinstall it? I can't live without my custom dpi controls, the default dpi is way to difficult to use.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS