[SOLVED] Windows Defender is taking a lot of RAM than it used to!?

aranorde

Honorable
Oct 18, 2017
It used to take around 100MB or less, now after the recent updates that I received on 30th/29th of Jan, this started happening. I dont mind the app using a little bit more but this is a lot.

r6pxbaarrze81.png

Following are my update history.

New OS install on 29th Jan.
yaOwxb6.png

• I've tried the sfc /scannow and it did nothing.
  • Disabled everything except for real time protection.
  • Updated Windows 10
Any help to understand whats going on is appreciated.

Solution
IDK I have all of the same updates and mine says 217 MB but the number seems to decrease if I'm not doing anything and the system is idling to 169 MB. Maybe your system is more complex or more busy and needs more protecting since I don't have any Radeon software like you have. Maybe, do you have all of the security protections enabled like Hyper V and Defender Application Guard browsing, etc. I don't. Maybe its high since its a fresh install and if you let it idle a while it will go down. Also it could be performing some functions as part of the Automatic Maintenance app.
IDK I have all of the same updates and mine says 217 MB but the number seems to decrease if I'm not doing anything and the system is idling to 169 MB. Maybe your system is more complex or more busy and needs more protecting since I don't have any Radeon software like you have. Maybe, do you have all of the security protections enabled like Hyper V and Defender Application Guard browsing, etc. I don't. Maybe its high since its a fresh install and if you let it idle a while it will go down. Also it could be performing some functions as part of the Automatic Maintenance app.

Solution