[SOLVED] Windows Defender Keylogger Problem

Feb 23, 2021
Around the end of December Windows Defender found a keylogger on my computer and I clicked to delete it rather than quarantine. The other day I decided to install a trial of Kaspersky and it found a trojan that Defender did not. I've already changed all my passwords and never saw any money getting taken out so I think I'm fine. Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to restore the keylogger that Defender found and trace where it was sending its data.

Solution
Nuke and pave, and then, restrict access to the computer via a password, and, no one will be installing anything when you are away....

I'd consider encrypting the drive. (Bitlocker if you have Win10 Pro, or via Veracrypt if on WIn10 Home)

You can even enter a pre-boot BIOS password if needed...
Feb 23, 2021
Had a family member hinting that he had put it on my computer to spy. He won't admit to it though. Wanted to see if I could trace it to him. Figure he put the keylogger on my computer when I had left it on and wasn't there.

Nuke and pave, and then, restrict access to the computer via a password, and, no one will be installing anything when you are away....

I'd consider encrypting the drive. (Bitlocker if you have Win10 Pro, or via Veracrypt if on WIn10 Home)

You can even enter a pre-boot BIOS password if needed...

Solution