Windows deffender eating up resources

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
Hello, Windows 10 is nice every of its feature but windows deffender is full scaning without me clicking or something and worse part is that is scanning in middle of playing games and it takes about 30-50 of my cpu usage how do i make it not scan but without turning it off

Solution
Microsoft say the only way to avoid an auto scan from running while in a game is to run your own scan before you start playing

However, since your intent is to avoid the potential that an automated quick scan might occur during your game play, there's a relatively simple option that should work. Just run a manual quick scan before you begin playing your game, since if an equivalent quick scan has already been run within the last 24 hours, a second should be automatically aborted when Windows Maintenance attempts to run another.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/prevent-windows-defender-from-scanning-during/131cdb03-5a5a-4c93-8f31-027fcffbc4fc?auth=1

Really, it should...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Microsoft say the only way to avoid an auto scan from running while in a game is to run your own scan before you start playing

However, since your intent is to avoid the potential that an automated quick scan might occur during your game play, there's a relatively simple option that should work. Just run a manual quick scan before you begin playing your game, since if an equivalent quick scan has already been run within the last 24 hours, a second should be automatically aborted when Windows Maintenance attempts to run another.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/prevent-windows-defender-from-scanning-during/131cdb03-5a5a-4c93-8f31-027fcffbc4fc?auth=1

Really, it should link to Focus Assist so you can set times where nothing interrupts you while you play. Focus Assist can already block emais, so why not defender scans as well. Defender should only run when pc is idle.

I don't use Defender for this reason and others. It lacks all protection to certain types of virus attacks.

Solution