Windows desktop icon management GUI for my video games?

sparchitect

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Hey everyone!
Was hesitant to post this here because I'm looking for software, but it has to do with gaming so I came to ask other gaming enthusiasts like myself!

I'm looking for a piece of software (I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro), that can sort of "manage" desktop icons/shortcuts into a neat, eye-pleasing, perhaps customizable, GUI that sits on the desktop, sort of like the old Windows Widgets. The entire right portion of my desktop is filled with video game shortcuts since I like to see my collection as a whole and see what I want to play. I have hundreds of games from a variety of platforms (Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG, Battle.net, Glyph, etc.) and I'm not a Google search term master so I couldn't really find any software like this.

Perhaps someone reading this uses or has used a piece of software similar to this? I was envisioning a circular "widget"-like program that is a spinning wheel. When spun this wheel would cycle through all the desktop shortcuts or games that have been selected to appear on said program. I'm not picky about what it looks like, but I know there has got to be something out there that is like this. I just need help finding it, and I am not concerned if it costs money or is free.

Any help is appreciated!

TL;DR - Do you have a bunch of video game icons cluttering your desktop space? If no, do you use some sort of desktop icon management software to keep your desktop tidy, productive, and functional?

EDIT: Moderators, I apologize if this needs to be moved to Windows 8 section xD

sparchitect

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I did find something after a little bit of searching. Fences by StarDock is quite an awesome desktop management utility! Although not exactly what I was looking for, it definitely has given my desktop a new and refreshing look and satisfied my craving for organization. Besides the awesome "fences" and folder portals, it allows you to have MULTIPLE DESKTOPS, a feature I did not expect but am absolutely loving.

Even though StarDock's Fences isn't geared towards gamers, it will do for the time being until some desktop management software for gamers is released. I assume there isn't much of a market for it anyhow. But I definitely recommend FENCES!