[SOLVED] Windows detects multiple Windows on other volumes

bnjgray

Reputable
Nov 23, 2018
I recently reinstalled windows as Ive been having issues with gaming. Having formatted then reinstalled, it now detects other Windows on another volume but, I cant for the life of me find this other volume so, each time my pc starts it hangs for a few moments with the option of selecting windows on vol 9 and a duplicate Windows on vol 4 and windows vol 4. Any ideas?

Solution
Open msconfig tool,
go into boot section and
remove all boot entries, that you do not need.

Don't remove entry with description "Current OS, Default OS".

Other windows could possibly live in drives I: and J: .

Lutfij

Titan
You are advised to remove all drives apart from the storage device you wish to install the OS on so the OSes installer doesn't spread it's files across other drives. You might want to shoot us a screenshot of what Disk Manager shows you.

Also, you might want to see if you can remove the other partitions(provided you're sure the volumes are on another physical drive and you're not misinterpreting it) using EASEUS' partition tool.

bnjgray

Reputable
Nov 23, 2018
You are advised to remove all drives apart from the storage device you wish to install the OS on so the OSes installer doesn't spread it's files across other drives. You might want to shoot us a screenshot of what Disk Manager shows you.

Also, you might want to see if you can remove the other partitions(provided you're sure the volumes are on another physical drive and you're not misinterpreting it) using EASEUS' partition tool.

Ah.. Ive never done that before but, nor have I ever had an issue. Something did go wrong during installation and I got a blue screen then after that I saw the duplicates. Media creation tool saved my soul as the computer wouldnt boot.
screenshot.png

bnjgray

Reputable
Nov 23, 2018
Open msconfig tool,
go into boot section and
remove all boot entries, that you do not need.

Don't remove entry with description "Current OS, Default OS".

Other windows could possibly live in drives I: and J: .
Thanks for that mate. How did you come to that conclusion though from my screenshot or is this something that you were already familar with ?

TRENDING THREADS