Windows didn’t install drivers

Manu_3

Reputable
Feb 19, 2016
Hello guys, so I’m in quite the pickle. My pc used to run windows 10 and I got tired of it so I downgraded to Windows 7. Upon installation I had some problems but finally got into the desktop. Only to realize that a lot of drivers are missing. I cannot connect to the internet because my wireless adapter requires drivers for it to work. I tried getting the drivers from windows.old but when I launch it it says “Realtek.dll” is missing. I could also transfer the drivers from a USB flash drive but the computer doesn’t recognize my flash drive! It lights up but under computer management it doesn’t show up. Please help, I don’t see a way around this and I can’t use my pc.

Solution
Hi ,

You should be more clear did you PC/laptop have drivers for Win7 and if it does they may need to be installed manually. The USB problem is most likely because you have USB3.0 port and those dont work without drivers (most of them at least). Try to plug in USB2.0 that should have default driver installed.

The last thing you could do to resolve the driver issue is to use CD if you had one to install the drivers.
I have similar issue because my network adapter need driver to work to avoid this in further installation I place the network driver on my HDD (not OS drive/partition). If you keep them on HDD in some folder after install you could use them no internet connection is required.

Kiril_Petkov

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
Hi ,

You should be more clear did you PC/laptop have drivers for Win7 and if it does they may need to be installed manually. The USB problem is most likely because you have USB3.0 port and those dont work without drivers (most of them at least). Try to plug in USB2.0 that should have default driver installed.

The last thing you could do to resolve the driver issue is to use CD if you had one to install the drivers.
I have similar issue because my network adapter need driver to work to avoid this in further installation I place the network driver on my HDD (not OS drive/partition). If you keep them on HDD in some folder after install you could use them no internet connection is required.

Solution

Manu_3

Reputable
Feb 19, 2016
I did try all ports, all I know is there are about 10 drivers missing. I can’t do any thing, I have no way of connecting to the internet to download drivers and it doesn’t read my flash drive. I think I’m just going to wipe my hard drive and re-install windows 10. At this point I just made a big mess, thanks anyways.