Windows didn't start correctly

Zebedi1

Honorable
Jun 16, 2016
So I have recently been tampering with my gaming PC. I opened it up and looked around. Unplugged a few wires and re plugged them the I took a RAM stick out then put it back in. I logged on and everything was fine.

The next day, when I booted the PC up, it sais Windows has not loaded correctly so I clicked restart and now everything seems to be fine, however, I am still a bit worried. Could this have occured because I turned the PC off by its Power button last?

Thanks

Solution
Yes, if you turn your PC off by the power button, Windows will assume it didn't close off correctly (it thinks it crashed or blue screened) and will show the screen you are talking about.

Although turning your PC off by the power button can't do a lot of harm, I'd advise against doing it, so you can give Windows time to shut off properly, or update.

EDIT: I read your post wrong, it said it didn't load correctly? If you forcefully turned it off while it was updating or changing Windows files you might have corrupted something.

See if it happens again.

Syftelurth

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Yes, if you turn your PC off by the power button, Windows will assume it didn't close off correctly (it thinks it crashed or blue screened) and will show the screen you are talking about.

Although turning your PC off by the power button can't do a lot of harm, I'd advise against doing it, so you can give Windows time to shut off properly, or update.

EDIT: I read your post wrong, it said it didn't load correctly? If you forcefully turned it off while it was updating or changing Windows files you might have corrupted something.

See if it happens again.

Solution

Zebedi1

Honorable
Jun 16, 2016

I have found a website: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/verify-the-integrity-of-windows-vista-system-files/

Should I follow this website it shows how you can detect and fix corrupted files.

EDIT: I am using the system file checker to scan and repair corrupted files via command prompt...

EDIT2: I have run the test and it said the following:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

EDIT3: I have performed a Norton File Cleanup, disk optimization and security scan and Live Update