• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Windows/Discord/Games are switching my inputs, making it so I have to jump through hoops to hear stuff.

Jun 14, 2020
Please help me. I know I sound desperate, but I'm at my wit's end.

I have been trying to figure out what's going on for months now.

Basically, Discord is switching inputs for my headset (Corsair HS70 Wireless) whenever I open a new game, go live, or sometimes just randomly. For whatever reason, the temporary fix to it is to switch my outputs from "Default" to "Corsair HS70" back and forth. The output controls my input, but sometimes my input controls my input. It frustrates the absolute hell out of me, and I'm sick of it. I've tried to find fixes for this, but I don't know exactly what to search for.

Anyway, when the inputs switch, it often causes my game audio to not work. It happens in every single game I play. I also try and go live on Discord to show my friends the game I'm playing and it switches it up again. Eventually my computer basically crashes. My games crash, Discord crashes, and my headset doesn't transmit any audio other than my mic feedback from iCUE. After a few minutes, the audio icon goes from showing an audio device to having the red "x" on it. I click on it, and it opens up the troubleshooter, and everything is solved about 20 seconds later. Then the cycle repeats itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS