[SOLVED] Windows does not detect M.2 NVME Drive during installation

Dec 29, 2019
Hi,

I recently built a pc using an MSI x570 mobo with m.2 nvme storage. I have updated the bios and in the bios, the M.2_1 storage slot shows that it is correctly occupied by a 970 evo. I've installed windows onto a flashdrive using a disk utility GPT partition and balena etcher (my laptop is a macbook). When I run my computer with the flashdrive (after messing with boot priority), the windows installer shows up saying "A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now."

I'm guessing windows isn't detecting my m.2 ssd. Would it be correct for me to try and install the nvme samsung driver onto the stick? If yes, how does one ago about adding this driver along with the 'burned' windows iso?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Solution
Hi,

I recently built a pc using an MSI x570 mobo with m.2 nvme storage. I have updated the bios and in the bios, the M.2_1 storage slot shows that it is correctly occupied by a 970 evo. I've installed windows onto a flashdrive using a disk utility GPT partition and balena etcher (my laptop is a macbook). When I run my computer with the flashdrive (after messing with boot priority), the windows installer shows up saying "A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now."

I'm guessing windows isn't detecting my m.2 ssd. Would it be correct for me to try and install the nvme samsung driver onto the stick...
Hi,

I'm guessing windows isn't detecting my m.2 ssd. Would it be correct for me to try and install the nvme samsung driver onto the stick? If yes, how does one ago about adding this driver along with the 'burned' windows iso?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Which windows and were did you get them from ? BIOS set to UEFI only mode ? Most secure way to download W10 is from MS using Microsoft Media creation tool https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6734-windows-10-installation-tool.html and let it make bootable USB but it has to be done from a windows computer.

Solution
windows 10 from the microsoft website. Fat32 does not work because the file is too large and I get a 0x8007000d error code.
Not whole ISO but files and folders contained in ISO, First you have to mount ISO as a virtual drive and copy the files and folders to USB stick. That way no files are larger than 4GB. I don't know if Mac can mount an ISO, windows can for sure and also most Linux distros.