Windows dose not boot, all i get is black screen

Norbic

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Last night i turned off my computer everything was all fine and not a thing seemed to be wrong. Then this afternoon to try to turn it on and it seems to be going fine, it shows asus logo because of my asus mobo but then time comes for the windows logo to come and form together but it dose not show. I restarted hoping it was just a simple boot error and now i know its something worse. I have windows 7 home premium on a samsung 840 evo ssd, evga gtx 760 sc acx, amd fx 4130 at 4.1 ghz, 8gb crucial balistix ram, and a asus m5a97 r2.0. Dose anybody know how to fix? i try and go into safe mode but it just wont show a dam thing related to windows.

Solution
The defrag of the ssd could have slowly corrupted the OS. Usually it's instant but sometimes it takes a while for it to come into full effect. The clean install of the os should fix the issue though. If the problem persists after the install feel free to post here again! Glad I could help you with your problem!

nubbsauce

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
It appears that your Windows has broken. Whether the boot.ini broke or there is a corruption within the OS itself. But before I jump to conclusions, I need to ask you a question or two.
1. When you go into BIOS, is your HDD/SSD detected?
2. Did you ever defrag your SSD at any point in time?

Answer those and I'll get on progressing through a solution. Also, try to be as detailed as possible when answering, like for the first question, list the name your bios gives you for your HDD/SSD.

Norbic

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Well it dose not tell me to select a proper boot device and im pretty sure it says it there in bios. I have defraged it i believe once before but it was ages ago, more than a month and i use my pc daily so i dont think it was anything to do with that.

nubbsauce

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
From my understanding, you're not supposed to defrag a ssd. But if you're not getting a boot device, you should attempt to reinstall windows by deleting all partitions on that drive and performing a full format. It seems like your windows somehow obtained a corrupt boot file and the easiest way is to just wipe and reinstall. I recommend that but give me a few and ill do a little more research.

Norbic

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I figured I would have to do that in the end. I'm also not sure why it would happen after more than a month of the defrag. I will keep in mind not to defrag it again.

nubbsauce

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
The defrag of the ssd could have slowly corrupted the OS. Usually it's instant but sometimes it takes a while for it to come into full effect. The clean install of the os should fix the issue though. If the problem persists after the install feel free to post here again! Glad I could help you with your problem!

Solution