Windows-Drive Not Ready:

Ergi Kruja

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
Yesterday the mini laptop Acer Aspire One couldn`t start booting,I tried F8 safeboot also when I tried to formatt with " Windows 7 formatting USB " the process stuck before showing me the Repair option ,at last I tried with Hiren`s Boot CD (Mini XP) and it displayed me this message :
" Windows-Drive Not Ready

The drive is not ready for use ; its door may be open. Please check drive \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 and make sure the disk is inserted and that the drive door is closed. "
3MjVZJqCU2i

I haven`t try yet removing dhe HDD and formatting as an external harddrive any suggestions?

Solution
Hey Ergi. I'd recommend that you try the HDD with a different computer either internally or externally (as you've mentioned). If you get it to work - backup your data ASAP. After that I'd recommend that you download tha manufacturer's diagnostic tool and test the drive with it so that you see if it shows anything alarming.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD
Hey Ergi. I'd recommend that you try the HDD with a different computer either internally or externally (as you've mentioned). If you get it to work - backup your data ASAP. After that I'd recommend that you download tha manufacturer's diagnostic tool and test the drive with it so that you see if it shows anything alarming.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

Ergi Kruja

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015

I ran a memory diagnostic and everything was O.K, so I ejected the HDD from the laptop and I formatted as an external harddrive .It`s fine now :D ...

Latest posts